Monday, October 11, 2010

Lunch feature 10.10.10

Roasted Leg of Venison on Herb Focaccia
Caramelized Onions, Porcini Spread
Red Wine Mayo, Tomato & Arugula Sprouts

Roasted Local Bell Pepper & Tomato Soup

I love this special. Mostly because it was an excuse to make bread again. Soup and sandwich is just a great lunch on a cool October day.

This is the first time that I have ever winged a Focaccia dough and it was possibly the best one that I have ever made. The crumb and texture were spot on and the flavor was right where it should have been. As soon as this bread came out of the oven I knew that we would be serving up a good sandwich.

Shaved venison leg cooked and cooled to a perfect medium rare is always something that makes my mouth water. All the other accoutrement on this sandwich blended together to create a truly salivary sandwich spectacular.

A warm bowl of soup made from all local ingredients, aside from the cream (why isn't there a dairy here?) was perfect to warm people up and also great for dipping the sandwich. Had we not sold out so fast I would have loved to enjoy one myself.

Sean Peltier

No comments:

Post a Comment